The Linn

The White Cart Water flows through Linn Park and the waterfall is one of the most visited features in the park. The name ‘Linn Park’ is derived from the old Scots word for waterfall, Linn. This area was named ‘The Lynn’ by Colin Campbell who built the Mansion House between 1820 and 1840.

Over the last few decades the water quality on the river has improved resulting in otters, kingfishers and dippers being frequently sighted in the river at Linn Park.